Nearly all applications have a notification feature that keeps you informed of what is happening within the program. On messaging apps and social media sites, this feature is crucial.
Most users particularly value Snapchat’s alerts because it is a social media platform with a built-in messaging feature. However, Snapchat users frequently bring up the subject of failing notifications.
In this article, we will guide you on ten easy ways to fix “Why am I not getting Snapchat notifications?“. Let’s get started.
Related Article: Lost Snapchat Streak? Here’s How You Can Recover It
10 Easy Ways To Solve “Why am I not getting Snapchat notifications?”
Following are some methods you should try to fix the “why am I not getting notifications from Snapchat?” error. We will discuss each procedure in detail.
1. Enable the Snapchat app’s notification feature
The first thing you need to do is make sure the Snapchat app has push notifications turned on. Go to Snapchat’s settings page and turn on notifications. To do this, adhere to the procedures below:
- Open Snapchat, then, tap on the profile icon.
- To open Settings, tap the gear wheel symbol.
- Find and choose Notifications.
- Turn on every item you want to receive notifications about.
- Select Manage Story Notification if you do not accept new story notifications.
- Type the person’s or account’s name into the search box.
- Voila! You will be alerted the following time they upload a story.
Snapchat alerts ought to start showing up on your iPhone. If not, move on to the further stages of troubleshooting.
2. On your iPhone, enable Snapchat notifications
Despite having Snapchat alerts enabled in settings, you’re not receiving any. An iPhone setting may block your Snapchat alerts. Make that the app can send notifications via push to your iPhone. This is the procedure.
- Launch Settings.
- Opt for Notifications.
- Go down the page and click Snapchat.
- On/Off Allow Notifications toggle.
Optional: By selecting banner styles, alerts, and Snapchat notification settings, you can further customize.
3. Allow the Snapchat Background app to refresh
You can allow or restrict apps from checking for new material in the background using background refresh. When activated, the iPhone uses more battery and data. But for Snapchat notifications, background refresh must be enabled. This is how you do it:
- Access the iPhone settings.
- Visit General.
- Click Background Refresh App.
- Pick Mobile data & Wi-Fi.
- Choose the apps you want to allow background app refresh for as well. For the remaining apps, turn them off.
4. Log out, then re-login
Is Snapchat’s notification system still broken? A new login might be beneficial. Go to Settings and select Log Out. Don’t save your login information to iCloud. Restart Snapchat now and re-enter your login information.
5. Clear the app cache
Snapchat notifications may not work correctly if there are incompatible or corrupt files in the user’s data. Clear cache data on occasion as a preventative measure. To clean the cache in the Snapchat app, adhere to the procedures below.
- Launch Snapchat.
- In the top left corner, tap the profile symbol.
- Open Settings by clicking the gear-shaped icon.
- Select Clear by tapping Clear Cache.
Note: Snapchat settings and other information, such as search history, are deleted when the cache gets cleared.
6. Check the Focus Mode settings
You can better focus on the topic by blocking distractions when using Focus Mode. Unfortunately, it can be the reason why all of your Snapchat alerts are getting blocked. Verify the settings for Focus Mode. To continue getting notifications while Focus Mode is on, you can either turn off Focus Mode or add Snapchat to your allowlist.
Here’s how to add Snapchat to an allowlist:
- Access the iPhone settings.
- Tap Focus, then Do Not Disturb.
- Turn off Do Not Disturb next.
- Tap Apps under Allowed Notifications on the same screen.
- Snapchat can get chosen from a list of apps by tapping the Add symbol under Allowed Apps.
7. Update Snapchat
Maybe a bug is causing Snapchat alerts on iPhone to stop working. Update Snapchat to the most recent version if this happens. Usually, you may update the app by going to the App Store.
8. Reset your internet and check it
Another reason why Snapchat notifications could not be functioning is a network issue. To get the most recent information from its servers, Snapchat needs a reliable internet connection.
To re-establish a stronger connection with your ISP, try restarting your router. Locate the power cable for your router and unhook it from the outlet. After waiting for 5 to 10 seconds, reconnect the power cable.
9. Disable Silent Mode
The issue of Snapchat notification sound not working or SnapChat not showing notifications on your device happens when the Silent Mode is enabled. We suggest turning off silent mode if Snapchat is still not giving you alerts. Here’s how to allow Snapchat notifications on iPhone by disabling Silent Mode.
Check the instructions below to turn off silent mode if you aren’t receiving Snapchat alerts on your iPhone.
It would be best to touch a tiny button on the top left to turn off silent mode. You may readily hear the notification sound in this method.
10. Send a problem report to Snapchat
If none of those solutions worked to resolve your issue, try contacting Snapchat’s customer service staff.
Please report the issue to Snapchat in the hopes that they will respond with an immediate fix. Include crucial information on your reports, such as the device you use and your account information, to assist their support team.
We hope this article will guide you on easy ways to solve the “Why am I not getting Snapchat notifications?” problem. Let us know in the comment sections below if you found this post helpful. Good Luck!