How many of you are facing this problem that your Android phone has slowed down considerably. And when you hit the home button or launch a new app, it takes longer than usual to switch to the new task or back to the desktop. Maybe your device has become so slow that letters appear a second or two after you type them. Fortunately, you can speed up your phone in less than 5 minutes if you use these simple tips.
Method#1: Disable Animations
Every time you come back to the home screen or navigate around the app drawer, Android shows you some cool-looking transition effects. However, as nice as these look, they also take more time than just redrawing the screen right away. And by disabling these Animations your phone will work faster than before. Note that the settings may look different in your phone than those in the screen shots below as below screen shots are taken from different versions of android devices. Anyways to disable animations:
1.Go to settings and select About Phone in settings.
2. Tap the Build Number 7 times You’ll get a message saying that Developer Mode is enabled. If you already have Developer mode enabled on your phone, you don’t need to do this.
3. After you have enabled developer mode go back to settings. Here you will see Developer Options has appeared, open it.
4. In developer options select Windows Animation Scale and set it to off.
5. Select Transition Animation Scale and Animation Duration Scale and set each to off as well and restart your device, that’s it you will see after that your device will work quite faster.
Method#2: Increase Chrome’s Memory Limit To Browse Faster
By default, the Chrome browser uses uses only 128MB of available RAM, but you can quadruple that limit and get smoother performance as a result. To increase Chrome’s RAM usage:
1. Navigate to chrome://flags/#max-tiles-for-interest-area or, if that’s too much typing for you, just go to chrome://flags and scroll down until you see the “Maximum tiles for interest area” section.
2. Select 512 from the dropdown menu. You open the menu by tapping on the word “default.”
3. After that tap Relaunch Now and you are done.
Method#3: Clear your App Cache
Over time, your programs write to the app cache on your phone and eat up precious system resources while slowing everything down. To purge the cache:
- Go to the Storage Menu in settings. Here you’ll see exactly how much cache space is in use. Tap on the cache once and than hit on ok to confirm the deletion and you are done.So by performing all the above steps you will really feel the difference that your Android Phone will become much faster than before. Do share with others if you like this article. Thank you!