This guide is written to assist you with Logitech Wireless Troubleshooting techniques. We will be discussing the possible reasons for keyboard functioning errors and suggest effective fixes for Logitech wireless keyboard troubleshooting. So stay tuned till the end to find out more about troubleshooting the keyboard.
Logitech Wireless Keyboard
Logitech, one of the leading brands in the world, launches amazing electronic devices every now and then. The wireless keyboard is one of the popular devices introduced by Logitech. Its wireless system saves you from facing troubles like wire damage.
Although the Logitech Wireless keyboard is an excellent device with amazing features, it may still give software or hardware errors. Several users report that they encounter a Logitech Wireless Keyboard not working but the mouse is. Or the space bar isn’t working.
Table of Contents
- Logitech Wireless Keyboard
- Why Is the Logitech Wireless Keyboard Not Working?
- Logitech Keyboard Wireless Troubleshooting
- Check Battery
- Check Bluetooth Receiver
- Check Functionality
- Update Keyboard Driver
- Reinstall Keyboard Driver
- Reset HID Human Interface Service
- Reinstall Logitech Software
- Restart The Keyboard
Why Is the Logitech Wireless Keyboard Not Working?
There could be so many reasons for the Logitech wireless keyboard not working properly. It is better to understand the actual cause of the trouble before performing the Logitech Wireless Keyboard troubleshooting steps. Here is a list of faults that might be preventing your keyboard to function the way it is supposed to.
- Faulty keyboard driver
- Software Glitch
- Battery Drain
- Damaged USB Port
- Outdated Keyboard Driver
NOTE: Either you are using Logitech K360, K800, K270, or K470, this tutorial is applicable to all Logitech wireless keyboards troubleshooting.
Logitech Keyboard Wireless Troubleshooting
If you are one of the many people who face wireless keyboard working issues then this article is for you. Go through the methods given below to see which one applies to your Logitech Wireless Keyboard.
The most common cause of the wireless keyboards’ non-functionality is the faulty battery. If the battery is worn out or not charged then there is no chance for your keyboard to work.
If your keyboard uses removable batteries then try taking them out and then reinserting the batteries. This gives a quick reboot to your batteries to start afresh.
However, if it uses a rechargeable battery then chances are that the battery lacks the power supply to operate. Plugin the charger and recharge your battery to see if it works or not.
Tried the above methods but none of them worked? Probably your battery is damaged and it needs to be changed. Use a new battery and your keyboard will start working normally.
Check Bluetooth Receiver
A Bluetooth receiver is a connecting bridge between your computer and keyboard. Any error occurring in the receiver can disconnect the keyboard. This could be the reason for your wireless keyboard’s non-functionality.
The Bluetooth receiver may get damaged due to wear and tear or any factory defect. Whatever the case may be, plug out the receiver and then re-plugin to check if its functionality improves. If your computer has another Bluetooth receiver then try to connect your keyboard with it.
It is possible that the keyboard has stopped functioning permanently due to some technical errors. Connect another keyboard with the computer. If it connects successfully then it means there is no issue with the connectivity device or the computer, the issue is with the keyboard itself. According to the reports, this method has proven to be the most effective one in Logitech Wireless Keyboard Troubleshooting.
Update Keyboard Driver
An outdated keyboard driver is incompatible with the computer and the wireless keyboard. Hence, making it dysfunctional with your PC. Updating the keyboard driver resolves many issues related to keyboard connectivity with your PC. Follow the steps below to update keyboard drivers.
- Go to the search box and select Device Manager.
- Now click on the Keyboard category.
- Then click on the Update Driver.
- Here, select the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Now, wait for the windows to Update the driver.
- Finally, Restart your computer.
Reinstall Keyboard Driver
If updating the driver didn’t help then try reinstalling it. This could be helpful as it has helped many users to get rid of the Logitech Wireless Keyboard not working. Follow the instructions to update your driver.
- Go to device manager and scroll to select the Keyboard option.
- Once you are here, click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Uninstall.
- Now click on OK to proceed.
- Wait for the Uninstallation process to complete.
- Then Restart your computer to start fresh.
- Once it restarts, click on Action and then select the Scan for hardware changes option.
- When your computer scans the changes made for the windows, you can Reinstall the driver and restart your computer.
Reset HID Human Interface Service
Every input device such as a mouse, keyboard, etc works with an HID interface. HID is responsible for activating predefined keyboard buttons. Any error in HID can cause the keyboard dysfunctionality issue. Resetting the HID can resolve this problem.
- Firstly, press the Windows key + R.
- When the Run dialogue box opens, type services.msc and hit Enter.
- From the list appearing on your screen, select Human Interface Device Service.
- Now select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Then a dialogue box shows up on your screen. Here you need to make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic and the service is running.
Reinstall Logitech Software
Logitech Keyboard uses software that gets installed on your PC automatically. That’s why you don’t know much about it. This software is necessary for the keyboard to work with your computer. However, if there is a glitch in this software or it did not get installed then you won’t be able to operate your Logitech Wireless Keyboard. Reinstalling this software might help you in Logitech Wireless Keyboard Troubleshooting. Here is how to do this.
- Press Windows key + R to launch the Run dialogue box on your screen.
- Now type appwiz.cpl in the chatbox and hit Enter.
- Select the Logitech software from the list of software appearing on your screen.
- Now select the Uninstall option from the drop-down box.
- Then you have to disconnect the keyboard and restart the PC.
- Finally, Reinstall the software on your PC.
Restart The Keyboard
Logitech Wireless Keyboards may undergo a minor software or technical glitch that can easily be fixed by restarting the keyboard. Look for the power button on your keyboard to turn it off manually. After turning it off, wait for a few seconds and then restart the keyboard.
This article shows you a number of ways for Logitech Wireless Keyboard Troubleshooting if it stops working. In most cases, just restarting the keyboard or updating the keyboard driver is enough for it to work normally.
It is advised to apply the above-mentioned fixes chronologically to see which method applies to your keyboard. Hope this article helps you get rid of the Logitech Wireless Keyboard not working issue and prevent such issues from happening in the future.