Have you ever copied and pasted a degree sign from Google on your Mac? If so, that’s completely fine. Mostly people wonder how to type degree symbols on macOS? This blog post is your ultimate guide to getting around this problem.
Degree symbol is a small circle symbol used for measurements and temperature angles. And it’s actually pretty simple to type it on macOS if you know the appropriate methods.
There are two methods:
- Emoji and symbol menu
- Degree Symbol Keyboard Shortcut
From the emoji and symbol menu
In most recent macOS versions this menu is known as special characters.
Follow the steps to know how to add a degree symbol in macOS:
- Place the cursor where you want to enter the degree symbol.
- Go to Edit > Emoji and Symbols.
- Then, in the keyboard’s search bar, type Degree.
- The ° sign, as well as °C and °F, will display.
- Simply double-click your preferred symbol to place it where your mouse is currently pointing.
- To access the keyboard directly press Control+Command+Space.
Degree Symbol Keyboard Shortcut
The above method will allow you to enter a degree symbol and display a variety of symbols, characters, and emojis but that method is time-consuming. For the fastest method to add a degree symbol use a keyboard shortcut method.
Follow the steps:
- Open an app where you want to type a degree symbol.
- Place the cursor in the right position.
- To enter a larger degree sign, use the Shift+Option+8 keys.
- To enter a smaller degree sign use the Option+K keys.
I hope you have found the simplest way to type the degree symbol on macOS.
If you have any questions, tips, or methods for using and not using symbols on your Mac, please share with us in the comment section.