It was pretty much easy in the past to save snaps or screenshot Snapchat without them knowing. However, the most recent Snapchat feature inhibits the screenshotting action.
If you are a Snapchat user, you must be aware that the only way to save snaps on Snapchat is to screenshot them. But the catch here is, that Snapchat sends an alerting message to the next person, that you took a screenshot.
Don’t Miss: How To Know Who Is Stalking You On Instagram?
If you want to save the streaks, pictures, or a video that your friend sent you, but do not want them to know that you’re having a record of their streak snaps. Don’t worry, you can easily save them by taking a screenshot.
But the important query is how to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing? The following ways will explain to you how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without alerting the other person.
How to Screenshot on Snapchat?
1. Use a Screen Recorder App
The first method is to use a screen recorder app because Snapchat cannot determine whether you are recording your screen or not. A screen recorder is one of the finest and easiest ways to take a screenshot on Snapchat.
- First, download any screen recording app.
- After downloading, use Snapchat and begin screen recording.
- While the screen is being recorded, open any snap of which you want to take a screenshot.
- Stop the screen recording after you are finished.
- Now go to your Gallery and open the screen recording you just created.
- You may now snap as many screenshots as you like.
Note: Set the screen recording app to the highest resolution before recording the screen.
2. Using a different smartphone to record
You can simply record a movie of a Snapchat video or capture a picture of a Snapchat image using another smartphone. Following that, you may alter the photo or video you took, and lastly, preserve a copy of other people’s Snapchat stories without them knowing.
If you do not have another smartphone at that moment, then go for the methods given below.
3. Through Assistive Touch
On an iPhone, there’s a different method to take a screenshot on Snapchat without the other person knowing. One of them is Assistive touch.
Take the following steps:
- Go to Settings and then General.
- Select Accessibility, followed by Assistive Touch.
- Turn on the Assistive Touch switch.
- Press and hold the Home button while your phone is locked.
- At the bottom of your screen, a white circle will appear inside a black square. This is called the Assistive Touch button.
- Select Device, and then select take Screenshot.
- Your screenshot will be saved in the gallery.
Note: If you have an iPhone X or later model with Face ID enabled, screenshotting with Assistive-Touch may not operate.
4. Connecting a phone to a laptop
- Launch your Windows laptop and use Microsoft Connect to connect your phone to it (or any other app you may be aware of).
- Start Snapchat on your smartphone and browse to the item you want to snap.
- The image will be shown on the laptop’s screen without using the Snapchat app.
- On your laptop, press the Windows button + PrtScn to take a screenshot.
- Smartly you saved the image, and the individual has no idea how because you took a screenshot from your laptop, not from your mobile phone.
Note: It is also feasible to take a Snapchat screenshot on a Windows PC, but you will need to install an Android emulator and run the Snapchat application on a PC to do so.
5. Turning on Airplane mode
The last method on the list is to turn on Airplane mode which is quite effective. It allows you to capture a screenshot of a snap without sending an alerting message. It is a little time-consuming work, but it works most of the time.
- Open Snapchat.
- Select Airplane Mode.
- Open the snap you wish to capture and take a screenshot of it.
- On your iPhone, hold down the Power button until you see the “slide to power off” option.
- When the “slide to power off” option displays, press and hold the Power button while simultaneously pressing and holding the Home button until the app is forced to quit.
- Disable Airplane mode.
- After that, you can again open the snap and see the one you were looking for.
Capturing a screenshot is not prohibited in and of itself. We hope you were able to find a suitable answer to your question about how to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing? Let us know if these approaches worked for you in the comments area below.