Towelroot modstrings are used to modify towelroot apk settings according to device requirements. The basic settings are configured for Root Samsung Galaxy S5 and many other devices. You can use modstrings if your device not eligible to towelrooted. These codes will modify exploit parameters to match the device.
- Three hits on “welcome to towelroot v3”
- Then input following modstring
- 1337 method(0-3), align(0-1), limit_offset(0-8191), hit_iov(0-7), temp_root(0-1)
- Go to Settings > Security > and opt in Unknown Sources to allow install third-party apps
- Download Towelroot apk from above link.
- Transfer the towelroot apk to the GS5 via USB cable if you downloaded it from PC.
- Run towelroot.apk file
- Click install.
- Grant permission to install if you device says “It’s not recommended to install towelroot.apk.”
- Wait while installation completes.
- Run installed Towelroot.
- Click on “Make it ra1n”
- Your device will be reboot at the end of process and you Galaxy S5 is successfully towelrooted.
Rooting process for any other Android device will be same as long as you don’t have to use modstrings. Please see modstrings section to know how to use modstrings if your device failed to towelrooted in normal way.
Important facts on Towelroot
- Towelroot compatible Android versions – Android Kitkat (4.4)
- Supported devices – Any Android device running Kitkat
- Some virus guards detect Andr.Exploit.Rat as a virus. It cannot be fixed. You can bypass the warning.
Towelroot v3 Changes log
- Fixed Samsung Note 3 kernel 3.4.0-722276 and kernel 3.4.0-636608 and Sprint Note 3 with kernel 3.4.0-951486
- Download fail error fixed
- Google Nexus5 v2 issue fixed
How to install superSU after rooting with Towelroot apk
SuperSU is available on Google play. Search “superSU” on Google Play and install the one developed by Chainfire. Also You can use Root checker from Google Play for test whether Towelroot has rooted your device properly.