Kids these days search for how to make games download faster on pc steam, which for some can be impossible. If you need help, we are here to provide it.
With each new game introduced to the market, the storage size increases due to the added graphics and features. The games with increased storage are hard to download fast. But it is not impossible, as you will get to know how to make steam games download faster.
There can be a lot of issues and not every time the problem is your internet. Sometimes, the servers are slow, hence there will be a slow speed of downloading. Furthermore, it can also be a problem related to your console or PC. But no need to get frustrated, you can make these games download faster than before.
We have listed down all the potential ways that can help speed up your downloads.
1. Stop Every Unnecessary Background Action
Sometimes, the problem arises because the background processes go on side by side while you are downloading your games. The speed is bound to be slow when many things go simultaneously. It would help if you stopped all the processes that are not that necessary.
Here is a simple procedure for that:
- Open the Task Manager. You can do that by pressing these three keys simultaneously: Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch the taskbar directly.
- You will be directed to a screen that will be like this:
- Press Right Click to end all the unnecessary tasks. You must end all the tasks that you know are affecting your download’s speed. You can always run them back after the game is downloaded
- Terminate all the processes that are using an internet connection.
This is a great way to ensure the downloads are faster than usual. They do not absolutely make the downloads faster but add much betterment to the already downloading speed.
2. Prioritize Steam Downloads
Another way to ensure that your steam downloads are not interrupted, prioritize them. You know what prioritizing something means, right? Just like you prioritize a person in every field of life over others, you can prioritize steam downloads over other downloads.
All you need to do is follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Open Steam and start downloading any game.
- Open Task Manager using the process described earlier.
- Search for Steam Client under the list processes.
- Right Click on the name and go to Details.
- Use Right Click on the SteamService.exe process.
- Set the speed to High.
Although this method is not a game changer, we agree it can make a difference. If you are using Windows 10, you must repeat the process whenever you open the PC. However, if you use a third-party app like Prio, the changes can be saved permanently.
3. Take A Look At Your Bandwidth Limit
Steam is an app that uses a geolocator. And this geo-location is not always 100 accurate. Therefore, you must ensure your location and region are okay to speed up the download process. You can do it b following the below-mentioned steps:
- On your PC, open Steam.
- Right, Click on Steam to see a list.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Downloads.
- On the Download region, select the nearest region to your place.
- Make sure that the Limit bandwidth is unchecked to speed the process.
You can choose the region where the traffic is low. Because it happens that sometimes your region or the ones near yours have high traffic. Hence you can easily alter the download speed. Some regions have low traffic; use those regions to make your downloads faster.
4. Disable Firewall And Antivirus
If you think you have reached the limit, we are here to tell you that you still have ways to improve the download speed. Firewall and Antivirus programs interfere significantly with the downloading speed, so you need to ensure they are not creating an issue. To ensure they are not working, use the following step-by-step guide:
- In the Cortana Search Bar type firewall.
- After opening it you need to select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Turn the Firewall Off.
- lastly, you need to click the Ok button to ensure it is closed.
5. Have A Look At Your Internet Connection
Lastly, you can always ensure your internet works at its optimum level. If you are also searching the internet with questions like, ‘How to make my steam game download faster?’ after you have tried every method mentioned above, it is time to look at your internet speed.
Look at your internet speed by using the following steps:
- Use any Chrome Extension to test your internet speed. It is simple Open the extension. You will see the following image on the screen.
- Click on Begin Speed Test Here. You will see an initiation like this.
- The final result will be displayed like this.
6. Disable Windows Defender
Another way is to disable windows defender by using the following steps:
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search Windows Security.
- Locate Virus & threat protection and open it.
- Find Manage Settings.
- Under real-time protection, you will see a google button, use that to turn off Windows Defender temporarily.
- Click Yes.
- It can be activated by clicking on the toggle button again.
7. Prioritize Steam Traffic Through Routers Settings
You can prioritize steam traffic through the router settings by following these steps:
- On your PC browser, visit the router configuration page.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Search for Advanced Settings.
- Go to Quality Of Service also known as Device Priority.
- Ensure the highest priority of your steam game.
8. Download & Move Steam Game to SSD
You can also move your steam games to SSD with a little help. Following are the steps to use if you want to transfer the steam games to SSD:
- Select the game you wish to transfer to SSD.
- Click the game folder and select properties to ensure the storage space it will be taking.
- Make sure your SSD has enough storage.
- Right-click and Copy the game.
- Open your SSD folder and go to your Steam Game Library.
- Paste the game there.
- Wait patiently for the process to complete.
- You can delete the game after it has been transferred to your SSD.
9. Switch to Ethernet Connection Instead Of WiFi Network
Sometimes, all you need is a change of internet connection to get your steam downloads faster. If you see problems with your internet connection then you need to go for an ethernet connection because sometimes the Wi-Fi doesn’t support your game downloads in the best way. Make sure that your LAN is up-to-date to gain complete benefit from the connection.
Here’s how you can get your laptop or PC to switch to an ethernet connection:
- Get an ethernet cable long enough to connect the device and your laptop or PC.
- Connect the cable to your laptop/PC.
- Turn off WiFi.
- Allow ethernet connection.
This will affect your internet speed to an extent and will help you with your steam downloads.
We gathered some of the internet’s burning questions regarding steam and how to download these games faster. And like every time, we are here to provide you with promising answers.
How to make steam download games faster?
It is straightforward; all you need to do is check your internet connection. Furthermore, you can close some of the background apps using internet speed. You can also block firewalls and antivirus. Moreover, you will need to shut down unnecessary tasks in the background and prioritize steam.
Does Firewall play any part in slow downloads of my game?
You can choose several options to speed up the process of steam downloads. Blocking antivirus and Firewall is one of them as they can slow down the downloading speed to a considerable number.
How to give priority to steam downloads?
You can prioritize the steam downloads by using task manager and right-clicking on steam. But if you are using Windows 10, you might need a third party to save the changes forever. Otherwise, you will need to change the settings each time you open your PC.
How to make steam download faster on windows 11?
Use the task manager to shut down all unnecessary tasks running in the background and prioritize steam on your Windows 11 to speed up the process of downloads.
Are you tired of looking at the answers for, ‘How do make games download faster on steam?’ We have gathered some ways to help you with your downloading speed.
You can now download games at a good speed if you follow all the steps mentioned above. So what are you waiting for? Could you do it now? We hope this article helps you.