Nowadays, sending snaps and creating snap scores with friends and family is fun. Regardless, sometimes Snapchat gets stuck in not sending snaps. This situation always annoys you as you may lose your snap score.
Snapchat is a famous platform to interact with your family and friends. However, you may find some glitches in the app. But don’t worry about it. In this post, your problem of Snapchat snaps not sending will be figured out.
Reasons Why Snapchat Is Not Sending Snaps
Before coming up with a solution, you should know the reasons that might prevent you from sending your snaps on Snapchat. There are several causes for this, some of which are given below:
- Poor Internet Connection.
- Snapchat is not updated.
- Either you’re blocked or unfriended.
- Permissions are not allowed.
- Cache data accumulated.
13 Effective Ways To Fix Snapchat Not Sending Snaps
After knowing about all the causes that might be creating trouble, here we come up with the solution to your problem “Why is Snapchat not sending my snaps?” Below are some fixes that will help you get rid of Snapchat not sending snaps.
1. Check Internet Connection
The first option you must use to resolve your issue is to check your internet connection. Sometimes a poor internet connection prevents you from sending your snaps to friends and family.
You can do so by switching between WiFi and mobile data. This might be a possibility that is generating all these issues. Moreover, you can also perform a speed test to check your internet connectivity.
2. Relaunch Snapchat
If there is nothing wrong with the internet connection, relaunching your device is another simple trick to get Snapchat back to sending snaps. If the temporary glitches prevent you from sending snaps, try to close Snapchat and re-reopen it. Hopefully, this method will help.
3. View Your Friendship Status
Do you wonder why Snapchat is stuck on sending to one person? It could happen because someone has removed you as a friend or blocked you from Snapchat. You can check this by following the instructions given below.
- Tap on the profile icon in the top left corner.
- Select My Friends from the list.
- You can also search by typing your friend’s username in the search bar.
If it isn’t showing, the person has removed you as a friend or you have been blocked by that person.
4. Check Snapchat Server
Another reason you cannot send snaps is that your Snapchat Server may be down. The unfortunate report is that you can’t look for it on any website. You can use third-party preferences such as “Downdetector.” Moreover, you can check for server updates on Snapchat’s official Twitter support account.
5. Enable Mobile Data For Snapchat
Whether an iPhone or an Android, every app has settings where you can enable or disable specific actions. The same is the case with the Snapchat app.
When you open app settings, you’ll see a Mobile Data option. If it’s turned off, your Snapchat will not work.
Therefore, your Snapchat will not send snaps. You have to turn on the Mobile Data toggle to solve this problem, and you are good to go.
- Go to Settings and choose Apps.
- Find Snapchat and open it.
- Here, turn on the toggle to enable it.
6. Access Camera Permissions
Another factor that might be causing the error of Snapchat not sending snaps is you haven’t allowed Snapchat to access your camera.
If you receive the alert “Allow Snapchat to access your camera and local storage to take photos and videos, detect screenshots, and more” whenever you open Snapchat’s camera.
Click on the “Turn On” option from the prompt. Moreover, you can also do this on your phone Settings.
For Android Devices:
- Open your phone Settings
- Tap on the Apps from the list.
- Look for Snapchat.
- Go to App’s info.
- Tap on the Permissions.
- Toggle the Camera option.
To do this on your iOS Devices:
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on Snapchat.
- Enable the Camera toggle.
7. Turn Off VPN
Using a VPN can probably interrupt your connection with the Snapchat application. This happens because a VPN hides your IP by changing location repeatedly.
The different IPs have different connection strengths. Consequently, you end up seeing your Snapchat not sending snaps. Turning off the VPN helps restore the stable connection and eradicate this error.
8. Force Quit Snapchat
When Snapchat is not sending snaps, you can use the force quit Snapchat option. It might be a chance that this will fix all the glitches of Snapchat. To do so
- Long press the Snapchat icon on your screen.
- Tap on the info icon at the top.
- This will take you to the App info page.
- Select the Force Stop option.
- Press on Ok to confirm it.
- Now reopen Snapchat and try sending your snaps.
9. Look for Snapchat Cache
Sometimes the glitches in your app appear as a result of accumulated cache files on it. In this case, you must clear the cache so that Snapchat works efficiently. Follow the below steps to execute this:
- Long hold the Snapchat icon on your screen.
- Tap on the info icon in the top box.
- This will open the App info page.
- Select the Storage & Cache.
- Press the Clear Cache option.
- Now relaunch Snapchat and look if the problem is solved or not.
10. Log out and Log in again
If the issue remains the same after applying all of the above fixes, the only option left for you is to log out of the account. And then again log in. This will sync all your chats and will figure out your issue. Execute the below-given points:
- Select the profile icon on the top left of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and look for the log-out option.
- Select the log-out option from the prompt.
- Then log in again by entering your username and password.
11. Update Snapchat
Lastly, you have to make sure that you are using an updated version of Snapchat. If not, attend these steps:
- Go to the Play Store.
- Search for the Snapchat app.
- Tap on the Update option.
- After updating look if it is still creating problems or not.
12. Reinstall Snapchat
Reinstalling Snapchat has worked for many people with a similar issue, and expectantly it will work for you as well. So how can you reinstall Snapchat? It’s simple.
- Press and hold the Snapchat icon.
- Select Delete App from the options.
- Confirm your action by choosing Delete.
- Now go to App Store/Play Store and search Snapchat.
- Hit the Install icon next to Snapchat.
13. Contact the Snapchat Support Team
Snapchat cares for its consumers. Therefore, the authorities have set up a team to help users get assistance in resolving errors occurring with Snapchat.
- Tap the profile icon and select the gear icon.
- Now tap Support > Need Help > Contact Us.
- Next, select a category, fill out the form and send it.
Alternatively, you can reach out support team through the official Twitter account @snapchatsupport.
Why aren’t my snaps sent to one person?
If your snaps are not sent to one specific person, there is the possibility that the person has unfriended or blocked you from Snapchat.
Why am I receiving the error prompt whenever I try to open the Snapchat camera?
It might be due to the camera permissions that you haven’t allowed on Snapchat. You can do it by Apps info > Permissions > Camera option.
Hereafter provided all the effective ways to diversify the issue of Snapchat not sending snaps. You can do so by allowing Snapchat for camera permission.
Moreover, you can rectify the glitch by updating the app. If no option is left, log out of your account, and log in again.
All these protocols are tested and referred by our team of experts. Hopefully, I have provided you with the best data to amend your matter and will undertake it for your benefit in the future too.