Without a doubt, the iPhone is a fantastic smartphone that has gained the trust of many consumers. This is due to Apple’s commitment to offering the best possible service to its consumers. However, this does not imply that the iPhone and perhaps other iOS devices are error-free. It also has several issues, such as the iPhone not receiving texts from Android.
This is a pretty standard error that users of iOS devices may experience. In this article, we will guide you on 9 quick ways to fix “iPhone not receiving texts from android“.
Learn also: 9 Best Ways To Fix iPhone Not Receiving Messages
9 Quick Ways to Fix ‘iPhone Not Receiving Texts From Android’
Following are some methods you should try to fix ‘iPhone not receiving texts from android.’ Let’s begin!
1. Check the Messages settings on your iPhone
First, make sure that the necessary Messages Settings on your iPhone are turned on. Follow the instructions below to do so.
- Go to the iPhone’s settings menu.
- Open the Messages app on your phone.
- From the option on the left, enable iMessage and MMS Messaging.
If you don’t see the MMS Messaging option, it’s possible that your carrier doesn’t support it. Please double-check with them for more information.
2. Check to see if the phone number isn’t blocked
You won’t receive texts from that person if you mistakenly or actively block their number, regardless of their phone type. It’s simple to determine if you’ve blocked someone if you aren’t receiving communications from them.
- Go to the Messages section of the iPhone Settings menu.
- Blocked Contacts are the way to go.
3. Swipe left on the blocked number and select Unblock.
You should now be able to receive messages from numbers that have not been blocked. If not, proceed to the next step.
3. Reset your Network Settings
An incorrect network configuration on an iPhone can sabotage the entire messaging experience. The good news is that by following the steps below, you may reset the device’s network settings.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select the General tab from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the option to Reset.
- From the option that appears, choose Reset Network Settings.
Note: This will reset all of your Wi-Fi passwords, VPN settings, and other previously used settings.
4. Delete any previous messages from your iPhone
If you have a lot of messages on your iPhone, it may prohibit you from receiving messages from your Android buddies, especially MMS messages. Remove some outdated, irrelevant messages from your iPhone.
Because iPhone to iPhone uses the iMessage platform, you don’t have to be concerned.
5. On An Android Device, Disable RCS
So far, we’ve spoken about iPhone troubleshooting techniques. It’s also possible that the issue stems from Android.
RCS (Rich Communications Services) is Google’s equivalent of iMessage, created in response to the service’s growing popularity. With read receipts, typing indicators, group messages, and more, Google promises to give a close-to-iMessage experience.
Disable the RCS service from the Messages Settings if enabled on the Android device.
- Open the Android Messages app.
- Select Settings from the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Turn off ‘Enable conversation features‘ from the following menu by tapping Chat features.
Note that the RCP feature is not yet available on all Android handsets.
6. Your iPhone should be updated
The issue could be caused by a recent iOS bug on the device. Apple, thankfully, responds quickly to such annoyances.
- Select General from the iPhone Settings menu.
- Please install the latest iOS patch on the smartphone by going to Software Update and selecting it.
7. Update your iPhone’s carrier settings
The issue may be with your carrier. I started getting messaging errors on my iPhone XR when I initially bought it. The problem turned out to be on the carrier’s end, and they had previously released an update to solve it.
To update your carrier settings, follow the instructions below.
- Open the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Go to About in the General section.
- To go to the Network section, go to the bottom of the page and scroll down.
- Select the current network version from the Network Provider menu.
- The device will be updated with the most recent carrier configurations.
8. All Settings Must Be Reset
The failure of a text message from an Android device can be caused by a configuration on the iPhone that is incorrect. If none of the above techniques worked, try resetting all of your settings.
- Go to the General section of your iPhone’s settings.
- Select Reset.
- Choose Reset All Settings from the drop-down menu.
Note that your phone’s data, such as images, videos, and files, will not be affected. It will, however, restore the device’s factory settings. You’ll have to start from the beginning.
9. Make contact with your carrier
There may be moments when the carrier’s servers are experiencing problems. If none of the above methods are successful, contact your local carrier for assistance.
You can reach out to them via social media or by calling or emailing the carrier directly to inform them of the problem.
Many people experience Android not receiving texts from iPhone due to iPhone’s poor cross-platform interoperability. When you’re not receiving text messages from the person who uses an Android device, it might be incredibly frustrating. So, if your iPhone isn’t receiving SMS from Android, you can attempt the solutions listed above.
Let us know in the comment sections below if this article was helpful for you. Good Luck!