It’s possible for the problem “cannot start the application (CE-30005-8) on PS4” to occur while you’re actually playing the game. The application will not begin loading (CE-30005-8). Usually, the defective equipment is responsible for these errors. Even if the PS4’s hard disc is broken, there is not much time remaining. If you do nothing, you run the risk of losing your data. The hard disk in the PS4 causes the majority of these problems. It needs improvements due to its shortcomings.
In this article, you will identify the true reason for the error code ce-30005-8 and the 8 quick and easy methods to fix this error.
Identify the True Reason For CE-30005-8 Error
For the benefit of those who are unaware, upgrading the hard drive of the PS4 should be your top priority. PS4’s minimalistic yet archaic hard drive fits modern display criteria, yet recognizing PS4 errors and making corrections is necessary.
CE-30005-8 error on PS4 message can be generated by a PlayStation 4, an external hard drive, or a Blu-ray/DVD player. The CMOS memory chip is usually fingered as the culprit in such situations. It is always good, to begin with, the smallest steps and work your way up.
You should wait between three and five minutes before disconnecting your PS4 system. It is hoped that Error CE-30005-8 is able to make use of this capability. A number of the PS4’s hardware components can “unwind” to liberate latent electrical energy. It may be possible to resolve this PlayStation error code ce-30005-8 by restarting the specific components of the PS4.
That said, let’s take a look at the eight quick and easy fixes.
Quick and Easy Fixes For CE-30005-8 Error on PS4
1. Turn off the Mods
Switch off any mods you set up using the Nexus Mod Manager before moving on. Due to a limited number of gamers confirming that turning off mods can eliminate the problem. It’s possible that this approach will not work for you, but it’s still worth a go.
2. Clear Data from the CMOS Memory
The device will suffer if the memory chip of the PlayStation 4 is corrupted. It is necessary to remove the CMOS battery.
3. Reinstall the Video Game or Mobile App Causing The Issue
This issue can occur from an app or game installation that was not completed properly.
- Choose “Games” from the list of options located on the left side of the PS4 Library.
- Choose the problematic program or game by utilizing the “Options” menu.
- To remove the program or game from your device, choose the “Delete” option, and then validate your choice.
- Restarting your PlayStation 4 and reinstalling the problematic game or application will help you to check to see if the issue has been fixed.
4. Upgrade Your PlayStation 4’s Hard Drive
If the MiniTool Partition Wizard confirms that your PS4 hard drive has a high number of bad sectors, you may want to consider purchasing a new hard drive for your console. It’s a time-consuming activity that requires a lot of effort.
Make use of a 1 or 2 TB compatible hard drive, anyone that you like, which can store multiple high-end games. Well, SSDs are extremely fast, so it’s a no-brainer to use one. Make a copy of your game data on an external hard drive. At least 1GB of free space is required to install the latest PS4 software update.
5. Check the External and Internal HDD
“Can’t start the program CE-30005-8” error means your game/application isn’t working properly and you need to fix it. The problem persists even after the PS4 framework has recognized and acknowledged the external hard disc as an acceptable storage medium. The external hard disc of the PlayStation 4 has always been operational. It is important to pay attention to an external hard disc that makes sounds like clicking or crushing.
Lastly, test your external hard drive on a separate PS4. If the disc data or drive malfunctions, the CE-30005-8 ps4 screen won’t appear. Damaged external HDDs may require file reorganization. As a result, it might give the same impression as before.
There could be more going on than just a loss of power if the PS4’s internal drive reports the cannot start the application ce-30005-8. These areas could make driving more difficult. It’s possible that a faulty internal hard disc on your PS4 is to blame for the “Can’t start the software CE-30005-8” problem message.
The process of replacing the hard disk in a PS4 is identical to that of a PC. Keep in mind that the hard drive is just USB-compatible. If you have successfully fixed the hard drive in your PS4, you may need a disc that is more durable.
6. Make A Database Change On The PS4
A corrupted PlayStation 4 database may also cause this issue.
- To begin, shut down your PlayStation 4. Press and release the “Power” button after two beeps.
- Pressing the “PS” button on the DualShock 4 controller begins the process of connecting it to your computer. This will put your PS4 into Safe Mode and allow you to play normally after that.
- In Safe Mode, select “Rebuild Database,” then click “OK” to confirm your selection. Wait till the process finishes.
- Now go to “Settings > Storage > Saved Data” and delete the troublesome game or app by pressing the “Options/Delete” key there.
- To remove the game or app from your smartphone, simply tap “Delete” Repeat the process for each problem-causing game or program.
- If the problem persists, try reinstalling the game or program.
- If that doesn’t work, go to “Debug Settings” and set your console to “Debug Mode”.
- To disable entitlement, go to “Game > Add Content Manager > Entitlement Control > Game” and look for the “Disable Entitlement” button.
7. Reinstall PS4’s System Software
If initializing or resetting the PlayStation 4 did not work, you will need to uninstall the system software and then reinstall it.
- To begin, check that your desktop computer has recognized the USB flash drive and that it is formatted to utilize FAT32.
- To access the storage on the PS4, you will need to create a new folder on the USB device. Inside “PS4”, create “Update”.
- Rename the PS4 downloaded file from the “PS4 System Software Download” menu. Put a USB flash drive into your PlayStation 4, then copy the update file onto the flash drive.
- After completing the first two steps of procedure 4, restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Select “Reinstall System Software” once you have successfully entered Safe Mode.
- After pressing “Update from USB” and “OK,” you will need to restart the machine.
8. Update PS4’s System Software
It is possible that the PS4’s system software is obsolete. The PS4 firmware update will fix the problem.
- First, delete the games and apps that are causing the problem, but do not reinstall them. Check to see that there is no disc in the disc drive of the PS4.
- To begin, turn on your PlayStation 4 and navigate to the Settings menu. Once there, click “System Software Update”.
- If there’s an update, click “Next” and then “Update” to start the process of installing the new version of the software. It won’t happen overnight. It is conceivable to resolve this issue by rebooting the PS4 and reinstalling the offending game or application.
Does cleaning PS4 make it work better?
You already know that dust and dirt on your PS4 console are the main things that will slow it down. This is because a lot of dust will slow down the fans, which can cause the device to get too hot and even collapse your PS4.
How does a DS4 controller work?
If you want to play games on your PC, the DualShock 4 (DS4) controller is a great option. You can even play PC games by using the trackpad as a mouse. You need to update the software called DS4Windows to use the DS4 controller with Steam.
What to do if your PS4 won’t turn on?
Here’s how to power cycle the PS4 system with HDD:
- To switch off the PS4 completely, hold the Power button for about 7 seconds.
- Take out the hard drive and turn the system on.
- Again, switch off the PS4 and unplug the power cord. Leave the device for 20 minutes.
- Put the hard drive back in and start up in Safe Mode.
“Cannot start the application (CE-30005-8)” on PS4 indicates hardware failure. If nothing else works, you should bring your PS4 to a professional. He can analyze the PS4’s behavior if none of the aforementioned fixes works.