We are all aware that the AirPods case has an LED light indicator that essentially informs us of the battery life of both the case and the AirPods. Is it the sole use for which the LED light is intended, though? Actually, no, the AirPods case’s light indicator can flash in a variety of colors, each of which has a distinct message.
And of all those colors, orange is perhaps the one you should avoid seeing. So, when the “AirPods blinking orange” light appears, what does that essentially mean? We’ll talk about everything linked to it in this post and show you how to quickly remedy it.
This article will guide you on how to fix the “why are my AirPods flashing orange?” issue. Let’s get started.
What does Airpods blinking orange light mean?
The LED lights on Airpods indicate different statuses.
- Green Light: The AirPods have completed charging.
- Orange or amber light: AirPods are now charging.
- White light: The AirPods are prepared for iPhone setup.
When the case is removed from the AirPods:
- Green light: The battery in the case is enough to charge the AirPods at least once, if not more.
- Orange or amber light: The case needs to be plugged in since the battery is insufficient.
4 Simple Ways To Fix “Airpods blinking orange”
Following are some of the methods you should try to fix the orange blinking light AirPods. We will discuss each method in detail.
1. Forget And Repair Your AirPods
Follow the steps below:
- Launch Settings.
- Click Bluetooth.
- Find your AirPods in the list and tap the (i) icon next to them.
- Tap Forget This Device after that.
- Close and reopen the cover after placing the AirPods back inside the case.
- When the LED light starts to flash white, press and hold the button on the rear of the case.
- Bring the case close to your iPhone when the LED light is flashing white.
- Note: If you haven’t already, unlock your iPhone.
- When the animation appears, wait until it is finished, then tap Connect.
- Click Done.
Your AirPods will be reset and will need to pair with your iPhone once more. This approach ought to resolve the issue.
2. Recharge the case and AirPods
The orange light on any of the current AirPods models indicates that you should charge them right away. So, if your AirPods are still flashing orange, try plugging them into a power source for a short while.
The AirPods Gen 2 may be used for up to 24 hours with the charging case and about 5 to 6 hours on a single charge. The third-generation AirPods have a total battery life of up to 30 hours.
Simply pull your AirPods closer to your Apple device and open the cover to see if they are truly charging. Your screen should suddenly display a window displaying the battery level.
3. Change or fix your AirPods
There is a possibility that one or both of your AirPods is broken if none of the above-mentioned fixes doesn’t work. You ought to speak with Apple Support to have it fixed or replaced.
4. Update your AirPods firmware
When problems arise, Apple occasionally releases updated firmware for the AirPods. If a new firmware is available, you must update your AirPods to the most recent version. Changing it could solve your issue.
We hope this article was informative enough to guide you on how to fix the Airpods blinking orange light issue. Let us know in the comment sections below if the article was useful to you!