2021 has been a tricky year for Facebook and WhatsApp due to their privacy and security issues. Recently, WhatsApp has been seen undergoing fruitful efforts for its security. First, they launched a once-view disappearing media through chat. Now they are updating their Disappearing messages. Whatsapp actually limited its disappearing messages function for 7-day only.
WhatsApp is now updating disappearing messages by adding time span options like 1 week, 24 hours, and 90 days.
How To Enable Disappearing Messages By Default In WhatsApp?
You can enable the disappearing message timer feature for new chats and groups by default, which you can find in the settings menu.
- Take your phone (Android or iPhone) and Open WhatsApp.
- At the top right corner, click on the three-dots icon.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Select Account in the first category.
- Click “Privacy”.
- Under the Disappearing messages menu, select “Default message timer”.
- You will come across a screen that would show you 4 different options; 24 hours, 7 days, 90 days, or off.
Now you can select any option according to your preference. This would not affect already existing chats but would start applying to the next chats. According to the time span you set here, all the new chats and messages would start disappearing.
How To Enable Disappearing Messages For WhatsApp Groups?
For WhatsApp groups, you can enable disappearing messages. An option is viewed to enable and use message time for groups when you make a new group.
- Take your phone (Android, iPhone) and open WhatsApp on it.
- Click on the three-dot at the top right corner and select new group.
- Select members for the new group and enter.
- After naming the group, the Disappearing messages option would be shown below.
- Click on it.
- Click on disappearing messages and select the time according to your choice.
- It would also have the same 4 options to choose from like 30 days, 45 days, or 60 days.
How To Use Disappearing Message For Existing WhatsApp Chats?
As we mentioned above that enabling disappearing messages from WhatsApp Settings would only work for the new chats. Existing chats remain the same, but you can enable disappearing messages for any existing chat by this method.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone (Android or iPhone)
- Select the chat in which you want to enable disappearing messages.
- At the top, click on the contact name.
- Select Disappearing messages.
- Select the disappearing message timer according to your choice and chats would start disappearing according to the set timings.
How To Use Disappearing Messages For Existing WhatsApp Groups?
In WhatsApp, you can also add disappearing messages for existing WhatsApp, but its method is slightly different. This process could be done by the group admins.
- On your Phone’s WhatsApp, open a WhatsApp group.
- Click on the group name from the top.
- Click on the Disappearing messages option.
- Choose from the timer options according to your choice and convenience.
How To Disable Disappearing Message In WhatsApp?
If you want to disable this feature so that your messages do not disappear then you can do that by an easy method.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open Settings.
- Select Account.
- Open Privacy.
- Click on the default messages time.
Now WhatsApp will not delete or disappear your messages.