Today, making short movies or films on the camera is no longer a dream but a reality: most smartphones are packed with tons of different professional features and shooting functions that help to create high-quality video content for any purpose. However, the filmmaking process not solely consists of the shooting, the major success still depends on how the material will be presented.
And that’s where video-making apps come into play: they help to turn the video sketches into the real movie, nothing else is needed but your smartphone and creativity! In this article, we’ll go deeper into reviewing the best video-making apps for your Android smartphone. Additionally, you’ll find out the essential features to look for in the movie maker for Android, and useful tips for filmmakers to get ready to start their filmmaking experience right away.
Top-Rated Video Editing Apps for Android
To define the best video maker app, it’s essential to research all the best Android apps presented on the digital market today. Of course, these options can’t always provide the innovative powerful tools and impressive features for video editing like Movavi for Mac or Wondershare for Windows.
However, there are really decent applications to try for making impressive video products on Android:
If you’ve already searched for video editors on the Play Store, you’ve certainly come across FilmoraGo, a remarkable filmmaking app that is popular among plenty of Android users. Whatever type of video content you’re going to do, it’s perfect for making simple or funny videos, and short professional clips for any purpose. Additionally, after the editing is done, you can easily share these videos on social within a few taps!
The major features people like are:
- A large library of visual effects
- Importing clips and photos from movies, social media sites, and other sources
- Huge collection of soundtracks
- Thousands of presets and themes are available
- Real-time preview
- A set of professional editing tools
Avg Rate on Play Store: 4,6
For those who’re looking for a powerful Android video editor that includes all the core features for professional filmmaking, then a VideoShow app can be a thing. It is one of the best all-in-one apps that can come in handy for both photo and video editing of any sort of content: from memes and animated stickers to vlog videos and short films.
The main features of this app include:
- Audio extractors and video to audio conversion, and also tons of licensed music
- 4K export with no loss in quality
- Pre-made templates for a quick start
- Lots of visual effects, stickers, fonts, emojis, animated filters, and more
- A large set of professional tools for video editing
- The ability to adjust the videos for posting on social
Avg Rate on Play Store: 4,6
If you want to start filmmaking with a free video editor and give a shot to various video editing features, then try InShot. It is packed with plenty of great editing functions like video construction, adding music and sound effects or recording your voice, multiple transition options, filters, visual effects, and more. All these features can be easily used for creating social media video content and professional film shoot as well.
The most impressive features of this app are:
- Cut, trim, edit, combine the shots
- Over 60 transition styles
- 1000+ stickers, emojis, and animated pictures
- Video speed control: from 0,2x to 100x
- 1080P or 4K video editing
- Direct export to social media platforms
Avg Rate on Play Store: 4,8
Another great option that is popular among the younger generation is VivaVideo. It has gained huge popularity among the young generation due to its user-friendly intuitive interface and plenty of usable functions. Add music and visual effects, make catching transitions and use plenty of other awesome tools for boosting your Android video.
The list of its major features includes:
- High-quality video templates with nice visual effects and transitions
- Lots of movie-style filters
- The ability to add text, music, and other effects
- Creating blur backgrounds for videos
- Various video editing and adjustment features, including cut, merge, split and more
- Free app with the ability to upgrade to Pro version
Avg Rate on Play Store: 4,6
One of the most powerful editing tools for creating any sort of video. PowerDirector enables creating cinematic-style movies or professional videos and lots of other types of high-quality video content. The large selection of tools is packed into a simple yet easy to use app interface, which makes it perfect for both advanced creators and beginners
Some excellent features of that app users like are:
- Editing and exporting of high quality 4K videos
- Fast forward and slow-motion features
- Video stabilization
- The in-built green screen editor with chroma-key
- Creating double exposure effects with overlays and blending-modes
- Tons of amazing audio effects, music, and sounds
Avg Rate on Play Store: 4,5
Essential Features for Android Video Editing Apps
After we’ve reviewed the top-rated movie makers for Android, let’s briefly summarize what you should look for when choosing your editing app:
- Standard video editing features: trimming, cutting, transition, movie filters, and more
- A vast library of visual and sound effects
- The ability to add text or titles with the font and color customization
- Video stabilization and speed adjustment – simply a must-have for films
- Easy-to-use toolbar with an intuitive interface and drag & drop
- Ad-free and distraction-free, with no watermarks on the final video version
- Strong security features
To sum up, choosing the best video-making app for Android is one of the most essential steps for a productive yet successful start within this scope.
Now that you know what features you should consider when choosing a video editor and what options are currently available in the Play Store for your shooting and editing on an Android smartphone. So, what else is needed?
Download your best video editing app and give into the process right now!